Thanks to everyone who prayed. Since the operation once Andy had his casts off we have seen a sizeable improvement; this is despite it being les frequent because of the pressure sores on Andy's heels, not to mention that Andy has also been revising for his exams. Andy is now able to put far more power through his legs and we hope that one day soon he will be able to transfer without a hoist at home.
Other Positive News
- We have decided to increase our family with Onesimus the Labrador puppy, who arrives February 12th. We can't wait to have him home.
- We have just paid the balance payment for our cruise in May so that it really feels like it's happening.
- Andy has led his first proper church home group, especially for people who may otherwise find attending a home group difficult with other commitments.
- Please pray that our small group takes off and people are able to commit the time to come.
- Please pray that there is even more strength in Andy's quad muscles and also that he can recruit these muscles quicker.
This is a scripture that has been close to our hearts more recently:
1Bless the Lord, O my soul;
And all that is within me, bless His holy name!
2 Bless the Lord, O my soul,And forget not all His benefits...
It would seem that in this Psalm the writer is encouraging his soul to bless the Lord, perhaps despite his feelings, and he does this by recalling not just his physical but also his spiritual blessings. If we are able to put our obvious difficulties beside for a moment, there are numerous benefits which we as a couple enjoy.